Showing adequate evidence of a „bona fide” wedding in your spousal visa application as well as your green card meeting
When you’re trying to get a wedding card that is green perhaps one of the most essential actions for the procedure would be to show in addition to that you’re married but additionally that the wedding is “bona fide.” A bona fide wedding ensures that both you and your spouse want to build the next together and failed to get hitched just for immigration purposes — in this situation, to have a green card.
To do this, you have to first offer a wedding certification along with your green card application. But that alone won’t be adequate to ascertain that your particular wedding is authentic. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration solutions (USCIS) understands how effortless it’s to have hitched as being a transaction that is legal. That’s why they appear for any other evidence that the few is preparing a life together when assessing marriage-based card that is green.
There are 2 opportunities that are primary show that the wedding is authentic:
For an appartment price of $950, Boundless can help you finish your marriage-based green card (spousal visa) application — including all necessary types and supporting papers, and separate lawyer review. Discover more, or get going now.
Maybe maybe maybe Not certain that you be eligible for a marriage-based green card? Start with checking your eligibility.
Providing Papers together with your Application
While you prepare your I-130 petition package, it is crucial to paint an image of the relationship in the long run. As an example, supplying five pictures over 5 years is stronger proof of a traditional wedding than 10 pictures of you together from simply the month that is past.
Lack of proof of a bona fide wedding is certainly one reason that is significant I-130 petitions have rejected by USCIS. Listed here papers relating to your I-130 petition package can help you make a very good instance of the marriage that is genuine. You won’t have to consist of every solitary document detailed in each category below, but USCIS typically would like to see papers that fall under as much of these groups as you can. (If some of those papers are not available, see “Special Situations” below.)
Proof that you combined your money
Monetary documents showing which you as well as your spouse have combined both your assets and liabilities are an effective way to ascertain which you have actually a real marriage.
Types of such papers consist of copies of:
- Joint banking account statements showing the names of both spouses
- Titles or deeds for jointly owned home (property or automobiles)
- Home loan or loan papers showing joint obligation for re payments
- Joint bank card statements showing the title of each and every partner as either account owner or authorized user
- Joint automobile, wellness, and/or house insurance plans coverage that is showing both partners beneath the exact exact same plan or policy
- Term life insurance policies listing each other as your main beneficiary
Proof that you reside together
USCIS expects married people to reside together. See below for what a few may do when they try not to live together.
For lots more typical situations, samples of papers that will help show cohabitation (residing together) consist of:
Copies of this after, showing both partners’ names:
- Joint mortgage or rent documents (be sure to consist of a duplicate associated with the whole home loan or rent)
- Energy or other bills showing both partners’ names
- Home deed
Copies of this after, showing the exact same target for both partners:
- Driver’s licenses
- Home deed
- Insurance statements
- Joint bank statements
Initial copies for the after, showing the address that is same both partners:
- Letters from household members, buddies, and/or employers
Imagine if the few doesn’t live together?
Residing aside will generally raise flags that are red. Since you were married, it’s essential to include a strong explanation as to why you’ve had to live apart if you haven’t lived with your spouse. Partners that do maybe perhaps maybe not live together should provide a letter, finalized by both partners, describing why they reside apart (as an example, work or college), the date they want to move around in together, together with location where they intend on going to (if available). The page is made off to “USCIS” or “To who It might Concern.”
In the event that couple truthfully and completely describes their uncommon residing situation and offers alternate proof a real wedding, the residing arrangement it self must not avoid them from getting an eco-friendly card.
Proof that you’ve got kids together
Proof that you’re together increasing young ones — from either your present or marriage( that is previous) — is among the strongest items of proof.
Types of such papers consist of:
- Your children’s delivery certificates (detailing one escort backpage Lubbock TX of many partners’ names if from a marriage that is previous
- Use certificates
- Class or medical documents listing the stepparent as a crisis contact for the stepchildren
Initial copies of:
- A page from a medical provider attesting to a present pregnancy or fertility remedies
- Family pictures from getaways or any other occasions showing the two of you along with your children and/or stepchildren
A marriage is mostly about more than simply money and young ones. USCIS wants evidence which you as well as your partner have actually a proper relationship — which you communicate and practice tasks together.
Types of such evidence include:
- Travel itineraries for holidays you took together, specially towards the home country associated with the partner searching for a green card
- Chat or phone documents showing which you talk frequently